At StoriesPortal we love stories. Everyday, we work to put more stories out in the world and connect you with ones that you want to read. Our goal is to be facilitators, not gatekeepers, for your content experience. We want to create a comfortable place for everyone and part of that includes ensuring that all members are fully aware of the type of content that they are reading before they dive in. That’s why we encourage writers to rate their stories as they see fit and reserve the right to override these ratings as needed. Further, stories that glorify unethical or illegal activities or anything illegal do not serve the StoriesPortal experience or community and these stories will be removed. Don’t worry! The types of content we’re referring to here is extreme, not appropriate for our community and generally won’t be missed. Here’s an outline of prohibited content. We are, flat out, not going to allow any content that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, libelous, threatening, pornographic, harassing, hateful, racially offensive, or otherwise inappropriate. If you upload any of this type of content, you can be sure we will remove it.
If you come across the following content, please report by mail, email@example.com. For you as reporter we also have a nice compensation for the effort to keep StoriesPortal clean.
- Hate speech - Don’t actively promote hatred against individuals or groups, on the basis of race, ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, or sexual orientation.
- Abuse and cyber-bullying - We aim to create a safe community on StoriesPortal - no abuse or cyber-bullying allowed! Be kind and treat others as you would want to be treated.
- Pedophilia - Zero tolerance.
- Pornography - Any explicit content with the sole purpose of intending to arouse will be removed.
- Rape/non-consensual sex - Glorification of an illegal act will be removed.
- Self-harm and suicide - Don’t post content that encourages or supports any type of self-harm and suicide. We aim to create a positive community that facilitates support, recovery and awareness but never glorifies harmful activities.
- Any other inappropriate or illegal content
If you want to add a story to StoriesPortal, make sure you wrote it, you own the rights to it, or you have received permission to upload it from the person who does own the rights. If you are a copyright holder and believe any user submitted content that infringes on your copyright, let us know by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include a reference to the copyrighted work and contact information for the person who is authorized to act on behalf of the owner. We investigate these claims as quickly as we can.